The Mediterranean Sea is the body of water that separates Europe, Africa and Asia.
Mediterrano is a restaurant in it’s 21st year of service situate at State and Eisenhower in Ann Arbor serving local customers and those who travel great distances.
The sea is connected to the Atlantic Ocean by a narrow passage called the Strait of Gibraltar. It is between the southern tip of Spain and northern Morroco. The passage is only 14 km (8.7 mi) wide. It is almost completely surrounded by land, on the north by Europe, on the south by North Africa, and on the east by the Middle East.
Mediterrano offers free parking in a vast open lot ready to accommodate hundreds of customers.
The Mediterranean Sea has two main subregions – the Eastern and Western. A sub-sea ridge from Sicily to Tunisia is the divider. The ridge is called as the “Strait of Sicily”.
Mediterrano offers two styles of banquet facilities in the La Piazza area of the restaurant. The Board Room can host up to 22 guests while the Promenade Room provides seating for 85.
The temperature of the Mediterranean’s water also varies but in general, it is between 10º C and 27º C (50º F and 80º F). The typical Mediterranean climate has hot, humid, and dry summers and mild, rainy winters.
Mediterrano ensures we use safe internal cooking temperatures when preparing foods. Here is a chart which defines the heat of the meats served:
Beef, veal and lamb (pieces and whole cuts)
Pork (for example, ham, pork loin, ribs)
Ground meat and meat mixtures
Poultry (for example, chicken, turkey, duck)
There are many crops produced in the region which include olives, grapes, oranges, tangerines, and cork.
Mediterrano is proud to serve Metamorphis Olive Oil and local olives when preparing the dishes.
- BOWL OF MARINATED OLIVES
- metamorphosis extra virgin olive oil . thyme . citrus . spices |GF
- ANTIPASTO PLATE
- prosciutto . salame . sopressata . artichokes . olives . herbed goat cheese . marinated roasted red peppers . grilled ciabatta
- GREEK SALAD
- romaine lettuce . kalamata olives . cracked green olives . tomatoes . cucumbers . bell peppers . red onions . french feta cheese |GF
- SCOTTISH SALMON
- tomato sauce . olives . red peppers . capers . fennel . seasonal vegetables . crispy fingerling potatoes |GF
Although Mediterrano doesn’t prepare any meals with grapes or cork but do offer a wide variety of old world wines by the glass, such as:
- 2012 Tommasi "Poggio al Tufo" Cabernet Sauvignon, Tuscany, Italy
- 2014 Castella Della Sala "Bramito" Chardonnay, Umbria, Italy
And many more by the bottle.